The Fire Is Gold festival site is easily accessible by train from the "VILVOORDE" or "BUDA" train station. For more info and time schedules, please visit www.nmbs.be
The nearest stops by the festival are called "VILVOORDE ENNEPETAL", "VILVOORDE TWEE LEEUWENWEG" and "VILVOORDE V.T.M.". For more info and time schedules, please visit www.delijn.be or www.stib-mivb.be. Continue to the Beneluxlaan and follow the Fire Is Gold signs.
Carpool as much as you can. Use "Beneluxlaan, 1800 Vilvoorde" for your GPS and follow the Fire Is Gold signs when you see them.
Uber will be available to enjoy an affordable and comfortable ride from and to the city center. Enjoy a first free Uber ride up to €15 by entering the code FIREISGOLD in the Uber application.
Fire Is Gold offers parking opportunities around the park. Please follow the parking signs.
GPS Parking 1: Albert I Laan
GPS Parking 2: Indringingsweg
Safety & Security
The security of our visitors, artists and entourage, crew and people of Vilvoorde and neighbouring cities is a number one priority to the organisation of Fire Is Gold. Our security measures were taken in consultation with the police, the emergency services and local government.
All visitors can be subject to a full hand search. They are deemed to cooperate and to open their bags spontaneously in order to show the contents to security and crew members responsible for the search. Small backpacks and handbags (max. 45 cm high) will only be allowed on site after search.
We have set out clear guidelines concerning all items that are allowed or forbidden at the festival (see list* below).
- Professional photo, video and audio recording equipment
- Tripods, selfiesticks, drones
- Food or beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic)
- Glass, plastic bottles, cans, beverage boxes
- Drugs (people who have to take medication are advised to bring a medical certificate)
- Fireworks, explosives, torches and any other flammable products
- Weapons, knives and other sharp items
- Inflatable items (pools, balls, chairs and sofas)
- Non-drinkable gels and liquids such as deodorant, perfume and other spray cans (except cosmetic products in packaging smaller than 50ml)
- Laser pens
- Large backpacks or purses larger than 45cm
- Gas, gas burners and candles
- Large parasols and umbrellas with pins
- Plastic or wooden containers
- Animals (except guide dogs for people with a visual disability)
- Flyers, stickers, posters and other promo material unless approved by Fire Is Gold
- Banners with discriminating or provocative messages that could disturb public peace and safety
- Any other item that can be seen as dangerous by the organisation
*This list can be altered at any time by the organisation.
Tip: Try and avoid bringing redundant items or large bags. Leave them at home if possible. Only bags under 45cm height are allowed at the festival.
We'd like to thank all visitors for understanding and cooperating so we can all enjoy an unforgettable, but above all safe Fire Is Gold 2017
Please check our general terms and conditions for more information.